Thursday, November 13, 2008

Joy...

Over the last few weeks I have been thinking a lot about life. I find that whenever I have a life changing event happen to me or my family I often go into a state of reflection & thinking about what really matters. It's normal, I'm sure of it! I am thankful for my family, my friends, my relationship with Jesus & my life. These are the things that matter, these are the things that bring me the greatest joy. Relationships are the richest blessings that we can have in our lives. I was inspired by my cousin's darling wife Paula (who's blog I love to read) to think about the joy that my children & husband bring into my life. It's amazing to sit & think about all the things they say or do that just make ya smile. My husband makes me smile. I love his dimples when he smiles. I love how his eyes still light up when I walk into the room. I love the way he always knows just when I need a hug. I love when he comes up & kisses me on the forehead. I love the way he desires to be more & do more for God. I love his heart & the passion that he lives life with. He brings me joy everyday in so many ways. My boys, oh my boys! Jonah is my tender heart. His gentle & soft little spirit brings me joy. His words & stories bring me joy. I love to hear him talk to Jesus when he thinks no one is listening. I love to see him excel & try new things. He brings me joy everyday, every time he hugs me & says, "I love you mommy." And my Joshua, oh he makes me smile. He is my fearless little one that climbs the walls. He is a happy little soul that giggles with all he's got. I love how he greets me in the morning when I pull him out of his bed. I love to watch him sleep. I love to watch him dance & sing. His little face lights up when you talk to him & his big blue eyes just sparkle with happiness.

Life doesn't always go as planned. It often brings things that we don't expect or even want at the time. But it shapes us & takes us to places we never dreamed of. God promised us that He would be with us in any circumstance. He promised to be our hope & our joy. He promised that through it all He would be there. I think we often look for God's hand beyond our own doors. We look for the miraculous & out of the ordinary things to remind us that He's there & working in our lives. As I have walked through the last couple of weeks I have seen God more in my own home than ever before. He's in my husband & in my kids. He's the light in their eyes & the love in their hugs. There is so much healing & love in relationships. I love the way that God uses the people closest to us to teach us so much. My family has taught me so many things, especially my kiddos. Today I know that God is here & He has a plan for us. His love will carry us through & this brings me joy.

3 comments:

Katie said...

i read that post a little teary.
it was beautiful the way you reflected on what God has given you--in the midst of feeling the pain.
i'm also listening to this song called better days by goo goo dolls, while i read and it felt all the more epic ;) i hope to see you in person too!! that would be excellent. i think me and liam will paln a trip to langley and hope to catch up with a few friends!

Treena said...

Choosing Joy is the hardest thing, but I have found once you do, there is so much joy around it becomes contagious. :) I love you and am always praying for you my dear friend :)

paula said...

so beautifully said. God is so awesome!