Thursday, May 28, 2009
The heartbeat...
Today was a great day! I got to hear the heartbeat of our sweet little baby! I could have listened to it all day long. I cried a little at the doctor's office & was overcome with emotion on my drive home which led to many tears. There is nothing more amazing than new life. I am always in awe of God & how He has created us to carry babies. It really is incredible. I got teary eyed with boys when I heard their heartbeats for the first time. Today was a little different though because today was the due date of our little baby we lost last fall. It was no accident, it was divine timing as I like to say. God knew today would be the best day to hear our munchkin's heartbeat for the first time & He was right. God also gave Craig a picture of our little family & our new baby today....I won't share the details but it was another thing that we needed today. It's amazing how hearing a heartbeat & getting a picture from the Lord can heal hearts in a whole new way. So, today I have a new excitement for this pregnancy. You could say it's a guilt free excitement. That might sound silly but I have struggled with feeling guilty because had we not lost our baby I wouldn't be pregnant now...do you see what I mean? Maybe it sounds weird but that was where I was at...now I feel a sense of freedom to be excited & a peace knowing that it's ok to move forward. Hard to express these feelings in words but I'm sure you get the point!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment