Here is the yummy Pumpkin Scone recipe...
2 1/4 cups flour
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup cold butter
1 egg
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/3 cup milk
In large bowl combine flour, brown sugar, baking powder, pie spice, salt & baking soda. Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles course crumbs. In a small bowl whisk egg, pumpkin and milk. Add to crumb mixture just until moistened.
Turn dough onto a floured surface & knead 10 times. Pat into a 8 inch circle & cut into 8 wedges. Separate the wedges & place on a greased baking sheet. (I use an un-greased baking stone) Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown! They are delicious just like that but you could add an icing sugar glaze or a berry butter to them too. I ground up some toasted pecans & mixed them with some cinnamon glaze and then drizzled that over top! YUMMY!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
thank you thank you thank you {from the bottom of Paul's heart}!!!
these look yummy. maybe i'll try it!
I have to try these! :)
Thanks girl! Can't wait to give 'em a try.
Oh these look good! I love anything pumpkin right now. YUMMM!!! I'll have to try these. :)
too funny! I just ran into the office to look for a pumpkin scone recipe on the web....and was (as always) drawn in to blog-land....thanks, Carrie!!
So glad everyone one is as excited about these as I was! Hope you are enjoying them!!!!
Post a Comment