Monday, November 3, 2008

Last week...

Well, I have been struggling with rather or not I should put up this post. I am, by nature, a pretty private person. Like most people, I can easily share when things in life are all roses & sunshine, but when I am struggling I tend to hide out & keep it all to myself. I realize that this is not always the most healthy thing to do, but at the same time I don't want to just spill my guts to anyone & everyone. So, in thinking about all this (probably a little too much) I have decided to post it. I think sometimes we are really reluctant to let everyone know that we struggle, fail or suffer loss. At least I am, somehow I often feel embarrassed by these things. I realize that I shouldn't but again, it's something I am working on. I am always a work in progress!

Last Tuesday Craig & I lost our sweet little baby. I was almost 3 months along & was feeling good. Confident in the pregnancy & excited to add to our family. Never in my life did I even imagine that I would walk through this. I went to bed on Monday night with a pit in my stomach. I just knew something wasn't right. Nothing was wrong except for the horrible feeling I had. We prayed & went to sleep. I woke on Tuesday & started my day. Within an hour of being awake I realized that I was miscarrying. I went to the doctor & he confirmed what we already knew. Needless to say that Tuesday was a sad & difficult day. I have cried more than I thought I could & have felt sick to my stomach for days now. In these times I am especially thankful for God. He carries us in these times & surrounds us with love. It has been the toughest week that Craig & I have shared together. I am so thankful for my husband. It's so wonderful to know that God has brought us together to walk through this life, through the good & the bad.

So, here I am with a million questions, a million emotions & a whole lot of trust in my heavenly Father. What else can I do? This is my choice, to trust God no matter how hard it is, no matter how much I don't understand. God gave me a picture on Tuesday night of Him holding our tiny & precious little one in His arms. This spoke to my heart & I know that even though I can't hold our little one, He will. I know that time really does heal all wounds & that we will be ok. Praise God for His promises & His love that carries us through. Thank you for listening :)

6 comments:

Jason and Kristin said...

Oh Carrie...I am so sorry. We will be praying for you guys as you walk through this.

Melanie said...

This was such a vulnerable thing to do. Thanks for being so brave. I am so sorry for your loss. We are praying for you and your family. I love you!

Katie said...

i am SO sorry for you loss.
i am thinking about you and praying for your family.
it was VERY brave to share. and I can't imagine how hard it was to do. lots of love

paula said...

oh carrie, i believe mel said it best. i love you!

Carrie said...

Thank you for your kind words guys...they mean a lot!

His Amazing Grace said...

Carrie!
Amy has shared with me some of your feelings...I've been there. Just know that God is faithful and He will see you through. Blessings to you
...April :)