Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Life...

Well, a lot has been going on in our little world lately. We found out a few weeks back that we will be adding another BOY to our family!!! I am thrilled! The boys wanted a sister but have warmed up to the idea of a boy & now they think it's pretty funny that I will be the only girl in our house! :) Jonah is just happy that he is the biggest brother & Josh is happy to not be only the little brother anymore...he keeps saying to me, "mommy, I the big brother now!" With the biggest smile, so precious! And my hubby is loving that he'll have another little wrestling & hockey buddy. :)

So, knowing that I only have 14 weeks left until this little one arrives I am trying to get organized. I have to have C-sections, so third time around I have learned what things I need to have done & be ready for prior to baby's arrival. Craig has saved two weeks of his holidays for when the baby comes so he can stay home with us. He did that with Joshua & it was so WONDERFUL! And, I am super blessed to have family close that helps in those first few weeks of recovery. I'm going to stock up our freezer with some meals Also, Christmas is just 4 short weeks after baby's arrival so I am trying to get all my Christmas stuff done too! These next few weeks will be busy but I know that a little busy now will make all the difference come the end of November.

We are finishing up painting the baby's room this week then I can decorate & get it all stocked up with the baby essentials. This is one of my favorite things to do. This is the first time we have known ahead of time what we are having so I have enjoyed picking out the decor knowing it's a boy!

Jonah is getting so big! He is writing all his letters & numbers. He wants to read so bad & is always telling me how to add & subtract. Super cute! He is becoming such a daddy's boy & wants to spend all his time with daddy doing big man things (as he calls it) Jonah is about to start his second year of preschool & he is very excited. Every morning we cut a chain off the paper chain he made to count the days, he runs down the stairs & it's the first thing he does. I'm glad he's excited. I am preggo & hormonal so when I think about it I get teary eyed! I can't even think about the fact that he will be starting kindergarten a year from now...

Joshua is growing like a weed right now...seriously, he has grown so much over the last couple of months. I can't keep him in shoes & he quickly outgrowing his summer wardrobe! He is becoming such a little boy...no longer my baby. He is sharing a room with Jonah & they are loving it! Josh is so proud to be in a big boy bed & to be in the big boy room! He is into all things transportation...cars, trucks, trains, boats, planes...you get the idea. He constantly surprises me with his determination, he is fearless! He talks up a storm & is my social bug. :)

And, baby...baby is good. Busy & active, which I love!!!! There is nothing like feeling baby wiggle around your belly. I keep trying to picture what he'll look like, guess how big he'll be and in between all of that find him a name! This is our biggest challenge these days, what our little man's name will be. I don't why we are struggling. We had Jonah & Joshua's names picked out before we were even pregnant! Good thing we still have a little bit of time :)

Well, I have errands to run so I am off. I will return soon with some pictures I hope. I haven't been able to download pics to my computer for whatever the reason & it's on my hubby's list of to-do's to figure out what the problem is. So, hopefully I can update with some pics of our ever changing kiddos :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

Carrie it's so fun to hear the update. Congrats on baby boy #3. I was organizing the other day and came across old journals, one from the missions trip to estonia and as I remember it you took good care of kristin and I. what a sweet memory that is! Glad to hear the update on your awesome family

The Blushing Hostess said...

Oh! Congratulations!

We seem to only be able to have irls. Maybe you can tell me how to make boys? :)