Fellow blogger Shawna thought it would be fun to tour our homes virtually this holiday season so we could see every one's decor! I love to decorate for Christmas & I love to see how other people decorate too so I was excited to take part in this. Most of the Christmas decor in our house is red, green, silver & white...starting with the wreath on our front door which I made this year. Enjoy our home...hopefully it looks as cozy & inviting as it feels!
Okay, so these are the boy's trees...I decided to keep little hands off the big tree I would get the kiddos their very own tree to decorate. They LOVE this & the trees are stripped of their decorations & re-decorated everyday. And, "the big family tree is not that exciting because once it's decorated it's just for looking at"...these were Jonah's words this year! Joshua's tree is usually missing a lot of ornaments, they seem to end up in very unusual hiding places!
Ahhh, the tree...by far most favorite Christmas decoration every year! We bought this 7.5 foot tree the year of Jonah's first Christmas. I have a white ribbon with a red, green & silver design on it...red, silver & white ornaments of all different sizes...and of course a whole bunch of sentimental ornaments from years gone by. I have no tree topper because I have yet to find one that I really like!
This is the mantle. Unfortunately the stockings could not be put out this year because they are way too enticing to little hands! I do love the mantle though, especially when the fire is on & the candles are lit! I bought garland & lights this year, then added some beads & some other red, green & silver decor I had.
This is the centerpiece on my dining table. The glass pedestal dish I have had for years & I change what's inside of it depending on the season. This year I bought some new stuff to add to the ornaments that I usually put in there. I really love it when I have candles lit on the table...so pretty! I have no table linens because my precious little Joshua thinks they are for him to wrap around himself for a blanket! So, the linens come out for short periods of time when company comes over. :)
Above my kitchen sink I have a bar counter. Because we have stools around our island in our kitchen we don't have the need for any stools here, so it has become a place to display yummy baking. But over this holiday season I have put some of our Christmas decor up here. I love that when I stand at the sink to do dishes I see all these precious little Christmas trinkets! This is my S'more man cookie jar from my mom...love him! Along with him I have my BELIEVE tart burner...love that too!
The most precious little gift Craig & I have received this year. Jonah made this Nativity scene at Preschool. How sweet is that? That too is above the sink for me to look at all the time!
This is Jonah's Gingerbread house & Tree creations. They too sit on the counter above the kitchen sink. So precious, I'm pretty sure he would decorate the whole house if I let him.
6 comments:
Hey Carrie...I am Shawna's sister-in-law.....love your decorations! Your tree is lovely.
Thanks for stopping by Christy!
Care I love your decore! Looks so inviting to sit and admire while sipping a warm cup of coco. :)
Your decor looks awesome!! Ok, your letter is "L"
love it all! that gingerbread house is quite amazing. we haven't attempted one yet.
Merry Christmas to you and all you boys!
I hope you have a wonderful holiday season.
Post a Comment